Last Night…and Patience (Did I Mention That I Have NONE?)

So last night a storm blew through there. On the radar it looked fierce. Like brought my entire garden into my living room fierce. Quick bit of wind, followed by about 5 minutes of whipping rain, some more wind, a little more rain and…that was it?!

Power dipped twice which reset my cable not once but twice. Awesomesauce…I figured we were through it around 7, grand, moving on with the evening after forecasters had predicted hellfire and damnation…vacuumed my balcony off, relocated the garden BACK to the balcony, vacuumed my floor, got the dirt water stain out of the carpet and sat to relax and watch the game. About 9:30, my cell network dies. I notice this because it’s taking a REALLY long time between innings…oh, my network is down. Special. On my phone, too. Special-er! (That’s sarcastically bad grammar for anyone unlearned/concerned.)

So after about 1/2 hour of trying to re-boot both cell and wi-fi thinking maybe it was ME…I was not happy. So I shut down the computer, turned off the phone and started to journal. Couldn’t blog or watch the game. Maybe the universe was trying to tell me something.

I have gotten better at looking for signs and being aware that maybe that ridiculously beautiful hot man who is WAY too young for me by the 7 years in either direction standard and the 1/2 your age + 7 standard and every conventional standard is in my line of sight for a reason (even if I don’t know the why yet or how he fits into the puzzle). And it ain’t just to make me look up once in a while and see what/who is around me either…I got that message loud and clear from the powers that be…but I digress…now where was I??

Oh, yes, so I figured after my trip to InterAct on Wednesday, maybe this was God saying ‘ahem, how about you step away from the electronics, write that letter to your mom and try to move this energy that is stuck like Pooh in a honey jar stuck’.

So I did that. Cried some, wrote to myself, wrote to mom, etc…cried some more. Still, no network…

So, after getting incredibly frustrated, I went to bed early. At midnight to be exact. If you know me, you know that doesn’t happen. Period. Then I lay in bed, staring out the window, pissed off about I don’t know what, frustrated, cried a bit, frustrated some more…finally fell asleep at some point. Then was up at around 4:30AM. My phone was suddenly blowing up…and the network is baaaa-accckkk! It’s only funny because you don’t realize how much you rely on it, etc. until you’re without it. I would SUCK in a natural disaster, by the way!

Found of this AM that it wasn’t just my network it was all of them apparently and for about 6-8 hours. Apparently after the storm passed damage was done to tower(s), hence the silence. That’s prone to happen here though. It’s not necessarily what’s going on as a storm is passing through, it’s the 3 hours after the fact when you’re thinking “ah, OK, I can breath and move through my day…” Yeah, or not!

But I got some journaling done, got to bed very early for me and added another day on to this odd, wacky but rewarding week. Til next time…


About spawtyspice

I was once a victim of a horrible act. Now, I'm a thriver, and sharing my experiences with Spartan Racing, training, spiritual awakening, food, yoga, being a fur mom, intuitive and whatever else strikes my fancy! Faith, family, fun! Blessed beyond compare! Won't you join me?
This entry was posted in change, inner work, personal growth, spiritual growth and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s