My blog started as my space to document my journey to healing. It kind of still is but since I’m healing and moving forward, it’s evolving into something new. I have followers, which I never thought would happen but appreciate greatly.
So, I thought I’d share some tips/discoveries I’ve made a long the way.
1) Blog Regularly – Decide if you’re going to blog weekly, daily, monthly, or whatever and stick to it. I’ve been bad about it as I was blogging when I felt like it. Trying to get better at doing it regularly.
2) Have a Point – When you create a post, re-read it to make sure you’ve not gone off topic. I’ve been guilty of this. If you’re going off course, consider making it two posts. I’ve done it repeatedly. Works like a charm.
3) Write About What Interests You – If it doesn’t affect your life, and you don’t find it interesting, you won’t write about it. You just won’t! And that’s no fun!
4) Be REAL – Be who you are! Honestly, nothing bugs me more than reading a post anywhere, by anyone, about anything than realizing that the person is a caricature. Yes, there are people that write satire but there’s good satire, and bad satire.
5) Celebrate Life – It’s your corner of the world! When something awesome happens, share it! If something awful happens, share it so we can grieve with you! When everyday life happens, share as you feel inspired to!
Those are just a few of the many things I’ve learned. What tips or tricks can you share with me?